Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Declare the Mystery

Greetings Friends,
    Please see below for the latest newsletter, however to see the newsletter including pictures please open up the PDF attached
filed.
    In Christ,
       Jonathan & Bethany


Declare the Mystery
"And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message,
so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, . . . " Colossians 4:3a


"Declare the Mystery"speaking of sharing the precious Good News of our Lord Jesus Christ.

On a lighter note, but a mystery as well for sometime, God has been working in His perfect timing. Ecclesiastes 3:11a "He has made everything beautiful in its time." With that I want to share some very wonderful news that has remained a mystery because of things needing to come in proper order and also because of busyness. She is God's gift.


God's Gift -- James 1:17
"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

  • God's gift – God brought a very godly and beautiful young lady, Bethany Estell, into my life very directly near the end of July and we began to date in early August. It is wonderful to see how God brought her some 4,000 miles around the world to Peru. We had met briefly in my time before going to Guyana while I was at Frontier School of the Bible.
    It was God who brought her in His time because I was quite blind. It was through God using outside testimony of two couples from the Tentmaker Bible Mission family that really got me thinking about Bethany. Praise to God for His timing.

  • Engagement – God has continued to direct and He lead me to return to the States for a few months to have the opportunity to share in churches about ministry and encourage fellow believers, Lord willing. However, the main reason behind coming back was to get to know Bethany better. We got engaged very shortly after I landed at Salt Lake City International Airport.

    The best way for you all to get to know her is for her to share with you a little bit about herself. So, meet Bethany. . .


Bethany --

Hello to all of you!!! It is great to e-meet you :) It has been a pleasure to meet some of you in person and I look forward to meeting the rest of you in the future!

My name is Bethany Estell and I was raised in rural Montana. When I was just 6 years old, I trusted Christ as my Savior during a family devotion time. I was raised in a Christian home which God used to grow me close to Him during my growing up years. At the age of 10, I gave my life to Jesus. I let Him know that He could do with me whatever it was His desire to do. It was at this time that I really sensed God moving my heart toward a love and passion for the foreign missionfield! God really fed my desire to be a missionary through reading missionary biographies, going on a missions trip to Mexico, and getting involved in missions here in the U.S.

    At age 18 I had to make that fun but difficult decision of where to go to college! By God's direction and guidance, I applied and was accepted to Frontier School of the Bible. I will graduate from FSB in May, 2010 (this year!!:) God has kept my focus on missions steady throughout the 3 years of Bible school. One way He did this was by sending me to Peru during the summer of 2009. God gave me a very realistic view of missions that summer. It was also during this time in Peru that I traveled to Tarapoto where Delwin and Techy Fowler and Jonathan (my fiance:) minister! The time spent in Delwin and Techy's home and in watching Jonathan minister there was tremendous! Not only did I get to glimpse what God is doing there but also. . .

  • God gives so wonderfully --

    During the week I spent in Tarapoto, God brought Jonathan and I together! Praise be to Him!! Isn't He so good to us? Jonathan is such a amazing answer to so many prayers and yet, he is much more than I ever asked for!! "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above and comes down from the Father of light with whom there is no variableness neither shadow of turning." James 1:17

    As of now I am working on joining Tentmakers Bible Mission and we're planning a June 5th, 2010 wedding! Life is crazy but very good at this point!

    Just wanna leave you all with a verse that God has used to encourage me and keep me going!


    "I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go; I will guide thee with mine eye."

    Psalm 32:8

    We so appreciate your prayers and loving support! God bless you all!!



God's Opportunities –
"Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone." Colossians 4:5,6

  • Travel – Thank you all so much for your prayers and support during the flying and the many travels of sharing in churches. Through the flying God provided different opportunities but the one that lingers the longest was the opportunity to share with a young man in the Lima, Peru Airport. He was waiting for a friend and was somewhat at wit's end. He couldn't go home till a couple more days due to finances, etc. and didn't want to ask his parents for money to get him home sooner. We talked for quite some time while waiting for his friend. Lord willing, the seed of the Good News of salvation in Jesus Christ was planted. Please continue to pray for more opportunities for us in sharing the good news of salvation in Jesus Christ.

  • Friend Raising/Deputation

    Here is a list of place that we will be sharing in the near future. Thanks for your prayers as we share with people!

    • March 25th – Home Social: Lewistown, MO

    • March 28th – Denton Bible Church: Denton, MO

    • April 7th – Faith Baptist: Rhinelander, WI

    • April 8th – Crescent Lake Bible Camp: Rhinelander, WI

    • April 11th – Church: Interlocken, MI

    • April 15th – Mitchell E. Free: Mitchell, NE

    • April 20th – Home Bible Study: Morrill, NE

    • April 23rd – Kamas Bible Church: Kamas, UT

    • April 25th

      • Morning – River Valley Bible Church: Mesquite, NV

      • Evening – Southland Bible Church: Washington, U

    • May 2nd – Bridgeport Community Church: Bridgeport, NE

    • May 9th – Chugwater Valley Church,Youth Group: Chugwater, WY

    • More to come . . .

  • Frontier School of the Bible
    Praise to God for the opportunity to be closer to Bethany during this time of great change. I'm based out of LaGrange, WY out of the Tentmakers Bible Missions Headquarters. I'm so thankful for a place to stay close by. Also for the opportunity to spend time with my brother, Jeremiah, and other Bible School students and teachers.

  • Prayer Requests:

    • As we "friend-raise":

      • safe travel

      • opportunites to share about Peru

      • for those we share with to have a heart for missions

      • God's provision of prayer and financial supporters

  • Praise:

    • God bringing Bethany into my life

    • Encouragement of supporters through prayer and finances

    • Many open doors to share in churches

    • Supportive families


In our precious Saviour Jesus Christ,

Jonathan & Bethany

serving in San Martin, Peru

--  Jonathan & Bethany serving in the San Martín Project in Peru.   Serving God with http://www.tentmakersbiblemission.org If God has directed you to support please go to  https://tentmakers.webconnex.com/giving/southamerica Skype: jonathan.g.koehn Facebook: Jonathan G. Koehn Email: JBKoehn@customgraphicwork.com Website: http://jonathankoehn.customgraphicwork.com ----If you would like to be removed ----from my emailing please let me know, ----thank-you.

No comments: