Saturday, June 20, 2009

Greetings from Tarapoto, Peru, praise to God

Greetings in Jesus Christ,
Monday I arrived in Lima, having left Salt Lake City the previous
day. All my luggage came through, my guitar that needed to be checked on
the last plane arrived safely as well. In the airport everything went
well even excellent. On the way through immigrations I met a team from
Arizona. It was nice to talk with the missions pastor. I received 183
days on my visa a praise to God roughly 6 months instead of the normal
3, the lady at the counter was kind. I got my luggage and went out to
where Heber, Techy's brother was waiting. It was around 12:40 am roughly
by that time.
The following day we went to CONEP (An evangelical organization)
where we were to start working on the paper work for my Carnet
Extranjeria. However one of the gentleman to help us out in the paper
work wasn't there. So we returned later that afternoon. David Buen Dia
was there and we started the paper work, they do most of it for a person
which is very very helpful. They help by knowing how much the fees are,
give you papers to fill out, etc. He then paid the fees that evening I
believe so then we could go to INTERPOL the next day. We went to
INTERPOL the government, had photos taken, finger printed, hand printed
sorta, throat checked or something. Praise to God that paper work is
started, there is a letter that needs to get to CONEP, hopefully next
week sometime. In about 30 days I need to return to get my Carnet
Extranjeria, praise to God that this is going well Lord willing. This
Card lets you stay indefinitely while updating it yearly.
Met some friends of Vikki who where visiting from Canada, they spent
a couple days in Lima. I got to see some of Heber's catering business
for things like birthdays, parties, weddings, etc. The following day I
joined Felu Heber's cousin who lives with him in getting some fancy
chicken for a wedding on Friday evening. Then we went and had lunch, I
joined Heber and the ladies from Canada, and we rode a double decker bus
where you sit outside, and we went around and toured some of the city of
Lima for around 3 hours. The next day, Yesterday morning I joined Heber
in a flower market where he bought flowers for wedding decorations that
evening. Wow lots and lots of roses and various other flowers. He
ordered some decorations made and we returned. I spent most of the rest
of the day in his house, where they were preparing food for the wedding.
I also got to see where the wedding was at, and saw some of the wedding
decorations being put in place and such.
Praise God for using what He has given us, Felu likes guitar and I
had brought mine so he enjoyed playing, also another young man that
lived a floor or two up enjoyed playing guitar as well, plus it was
different for them to have someone play english songs and try spanish
songs. It was also a wonderful time to get to know Heber better, and
others that lived there. Plus get to know KiKe Heber's friend who drove
us in his taxi around Lima. Please pray for Kike I don't believe he has
trusted in Jesus Christ for salvation. I gave him a tract on the way to
the airport, I hope he will learn more from it and also from Heber and
the other believers he comes into contact with. Please pray for his
salvation.
Well that is a long summary of a few days. I am in Tarapoto safely
now and look forward to seeing more people from church, and meeting some
new people.
Thank you for praying, for your support, and thank you for your love in
Jesus Christ,
Jonathan

--
Jonathan G. Koehn
serving in the San Martín Project in Peru.
Serving God with http://www.tentmakersbiblemission.org
Skype: jonathan.g.koehn
Facebook: Jonathan G. Koehn
Email: Jonathan@customgraphicwork.com
Website: http://jonathankoehn.customgraphicwork.com
----If you would like to be removed
----from my emailing please let me know,
----thank-you.

No comments: