Saturday, April 5, 2008

A Season of Change

In God's Timing – A Season of Change”

Ecclesiastes 3:1 -- God is in control of all seasons.


Time of Looking Back - March: As I look back over this past month, I remember my birthday in Guyana, yes I'm getting older. During March I enjoyed a time of meeting with other missionaries while we where in Georgetown, which was an encouraging time. I also remember an enjoyable time, meeting together on a daily basis as a church family during passion week. This was a good way to remember what the LORD Jesus Christ has done for us. He died for our sins. He was buried showing He truly was dead. It did not stop there Jesus came back from the dead because He is GOD.

Time of Disappointment: I remember during the month of March, the Hindus celebrating the Saturday before Resurrection Sunday. They where celebrating Phagwah. This picture shows partly how they celebrate their holiday. Why must a time of celebrating about what Jesus Christ has done be broken into by false worship?



Time of Change: I write this newsletter seeing changes in the near future. I am rapidly coming to the end of my stay in Guyana, South America. My date to fly back to the states is April 28, only a few days away. I look forward to seeing my family and friends back in the states.

However there are so many children that I have grown close to here. Please pray for their salvation. Please pray for Edinburgh Bible Church with whom I had the privilege of working alongside here in Guyana. Please pray that they will soon have their own land and church building. Please pray for Pastor John Persaud as he leads the flock at Edinburgh Bible Church. Please pray for John Cook as he continues to minister here. Please pray that another missionary will soon come alongside and help him here.

Time of Direction - April-May: I continue to seek the Lord's direction in ministry as I step off the field here. I plan to be in LaGrange, Wyoming area for a few days until graduation at Frontier School of the Bible on May 9th. During this time I hope to visit a few supporters and encourage some friends.

After that time I plan on being at home with my family for a few days. Then I will be attending a candidate school for Tentmakers Bible Mission as an auditing participant. Why would I do this? I'm seeking the Lord's direction, specifically in the location and type of missionary activity. Then I get to go back home for a few more days. I'm so looking forward to spending time with my family.


Time of Direction - June: The Lord has opened an opportunity for me to see another type of missionary activity on a foreign field. Lord willing I will be going to Tarapoto, Peru during June 6-26, possibly longer. I am interested in looking into the church planting aspect of missions.

While in Guyana God gave me the privilege of learning greatly about the missions field from missionary John Cook. I learned greatly about Evangelism and specifically about Evangelizing using the chronological approach to the Bible. God has given me the privilege to learn and use concepts that I can use in whatever future ministry He may direct me into. I have many stories and wonderful lessons learned while here in Guyana. Please ask me sometime because I would love to share them with you.


Time of Prayer: Please continue to pray for the Lord's direction. Lord willing I plan on staying in full time ministry. I believe this is what God has called me to.

I am seeking God's direction in ministry. Perhaps it will be overseas or perhaps it will be in Utah. Perhaps it will be church planting or perhaps more of the kind of work I have done in Guyana. I am also seeking God's will in a mission board, One-Way Evangelistic Ministries has been a very good mission board for me. We will see how God leads, perhaps another board that engages in church planting if God directs me that way. Either way One-Way has worked with me in my learning about ministry and has taught me a great deal. Praise God for this. I know God knows where He will take me. Please pray that I will be faithful to Him daily.

Time of Questions: I know some of you all may have questions that need answers. Please feel free to email me at Jonathan@customgraphicwork.com and I'll try to give answers.



No comments: