Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Tools

Greetings in Christ,
I grew up learning a lot of mechanics from my dad who is today a head mechanic at a shop. One things we used a lot of was tools. Different tools make different jobs easier and for those really tight places perhaps make a job a lot less painful. Without some tools you really can't do the job right.
A mechanic will find many tools for his trade depending on what piece of machinery he normally works on. A diesel mechanic will find a need for larger wrenches, sockets and ratchets. While a lawn mower mechanic will find need for smaller wrenches, spark plug sockets and ratchets.
I came here to Guyana hoping to learn more about Evangelism a necessary tool for any Christian whether a pastor, missionary, or in any field for a Christian. God has taught me a lot about that tool and even some different ways in how to use this tool.
I also was able to learn about chronologically teaching the Bible a necessary tool for a missionary or a church planter. A recommended tool for a pastor.
I've learned more about preaching a tool for a church planter, missionary and pastor.
Another tool that I learned more about was working with children, especially in a chronological approach. It is different trying to talk to children so they can understand and not right over their head.
Tuesday God brought me to another tool and that was a tool of being able to get Bibles a much needed resource. God brought us into contact with the United Bible Society right here in Guyana.
All of these tools God is still teaching me how to use. It has been very good to learn about so many tools while I've been here.
It would be interesting to see the different tools God is teaching each one of us to use while we are at home, while we are in Bible School perhaps, and perhaps as we step out into ministry.
What tool is God teaching you to use?
In Christ,
Jonathan

No comments: