Monday, September 1, 2008

Greetings from Tarapoto, San Martin, Peru,

Greetings from Tarapoto, San Martin, Peru,
I safely arrived in Lima, Peru on the 18th of August in the evening. I waited a little while for Techy Fowler, Delwin's wife to meet up with myself
and another missionary from Canada. We spent a few days in Lima, getting some paperwork done for Vikki the other missionary and also doing some shopping.
I didn't need to get a visa extension because the Lord provided at Immigration, the man gave me 183 days the normal is 90 days. Praise God! Thank you so much
for praying about that.
While here the opportunities right off look to be preaching on Sunday mornings in Genesis 1-11 and Bible study on Wednesday evenings in Genesis 12-50. Also
the opportunity to be involved in teaching discipleship/evangelism with/to the youth on Saturdays. Who knows what other opportunities God will open up. One is
being involved more with Martin, my translator, who will be teaching me Spanish also. He is a very smart young man who knows Spanish, much English and even some
Hebrew. At the time of writing this email we have already met twice for lessons, pray for his time table. Because He is busy with working at his dad's copy shop,
going to the University and helping me.
On another note, a couple people have asked about if I needed support while I'm here. A bit of information on that, I'm a Missionary here with
One Way Evangelistic Ministries based out of Cheyenne, Wyoming. As far as prayer support please definitely keep praying for me, this is what helps keep a
missionary going on the field. It is a powerful tool, someday perhaps we will understand how very powerful of a tool it truly is.
On the financial side there is a need also but this is something I want in God's hands if you would talk to God about this and you are directed to help.
Then please email me at Jonathan@customgraphicwork.com with any questions. Please know that God is providing through you thank you so much.
This is very great praise to God.
Please pray for my quick, understanding, and learning of Spanish. I would love to talk, and minister more and more with the people here. Please pray that deputation
will go very good for Delwin, Techy & family the missionary family who's big shoes myself, Vikki and the church will be trying to fill. Please pray for my fellow missionary
here, as she prepares more for teaching of Delwin & Techy's children when they come back from the states. Pray for her housing. She will also help out in other ways
such as with youth and no doubt more.
Please also pray for decisions about Peru, perhaps the Lord will have me to minister here full time. Lord willing I'll be here until December 20th when I'll be returning
to the states, pray for future direction.

My mailing address here in Peru is.
Delwin Fowler
c/o Jonathan Koehn
JR. Jose Pardo 317
Tarapoto -- San Martin
Peru, South America

(Note if you send mail, postal or package please send it
by normal postal mail not by a carrier like UPS the hassle
is great and we may not receive it even. Thank you)

Phone Number:
011-5142-529-566

Thank you so much,
Tu hermano en Cristo,
Your brother in Christ,
Jonathan

--
Jonathan Koehn in Peru, South America
serving as a missionary with One Way Evangelistic Ministries.
Website: http://jonathankoehn.customgraphicwork.com


No comments: