Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Will you walk?

Lately it has been fun to walk here and there in Peru. I need to do it more often.
This evening I walked over to Morales to give Dante the lesson for youth group on Saturday. Please pray for him that he'll be able to help in translating. (Another story)
On the way there I got to look out over the valley the jungle covered mountains. Into God's glorious sunset.
I passed by a welding & mechanic shop I believe it is the gentleman who owns it said hi and I stopped for a bit to talk with him and his friend. They took a couple tracts and even gave me their names and phone numbers. Later I found out they are evangelical I think.
I continued on my way dropped off the lesson at Dante's house spent a bit of time there. I came back the same way and the shop owner was still there. He invited me for a drink (it is possible he and his friend may have been drunk for the 2nd conversation), he bought me a kola naranja. We chatted for awhile, him and his friend. They both are older men. He wound up buying me supper from across the street, it was very good fries, chicken, with some greens covered in mayonnaise and ketchup.
Praise God for his wonderful opportunities.
You never know what may happen, please be open to how God may use you today, perhaps even try walking some place and talking with some people.
In Christ,
Jonathan

No comments: